The global primary hyperoxaluria treatments market is expected to develop at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% between 2023 and 2033, according to a recent market research analysis by Future Market Insights. By the end of the forecast year previously indicated, the market is expected to achieve a value of around US$ 41 million.
One of the most promising treatments for primary hyperoxaluria is Lumasiran, a drug that was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2020. Lumasiran works by targeting the underlying genetic cause of primary hyperoxaluria, helping to reduce the production of oxalate in the body. Clinical trials of Lumasiran have shown promising results, with patients experiencing significant reductions in urinary oxalate levels and a reduced risk of kidney stone formation.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report:
In addition to Lumasiran, there are several other treatments in development for primary hyperoxaluria. These include gene therapy approaches that aim to correct the underlying genetic mutation that causes the condition. There is also ongoing research into the use of existing drugs, such as potassium citrate, in the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria.
The market for primary hyperoxaluria treatment is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years as more therapies become available. This growth is being driven by a number of factors, including increasing awareness and diagnosis of the condition, the development of new treatments, and favorable reimbursement policies. North America is currently the largest market for primary hyperoxaluria treatment, accounting for a significant share of global sales. This is due in part to the high prevalence of primary hyperoxaluria in the region, as well as the strong healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement policies.
- From 2018 to 2022, the primary hyperoxaluria treatment market grew at a CAGR of 5.2%.
- The global primary hyperoxaluria treatment market is expected to grow with an 8.6% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
- As of 2033, the primary hyperoxaluria treatment market is expected to reach US$ 41.07 million.
- According to the FMI analysis, the hospital pharmacies segment accounts for the largest market share.
- North America is expected to possess a 40% market share for the Primary Hyperoxaluria Treatment market.
- The East & South Asia market is predicted to increase significantly throughout the forecast period, with a share of 20% during the forecast period.
“A series of international level collaborations involving healthcare stakeholders across various institutional settings are fueling further clinical trials and research studies dedicated to discovering primary hyperoxaluria treatment,” says an FMI analyst
Key players in the market include companies such as Competition Deep Dive, Alnylum Pharma, OxThera, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Allena Pharmaceuticals, Biocodex, Tecoland Corporation, Zhejiang Tianxin Pharmaceutical Co., Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Wuxi Further Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Genentech, along with healthcare providers and technology companies among other global players.
- In 2020, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gave the green light to Oxlumo (lumasiran) as the initial treatment for primary hyperoxaluria type 1 (PH1), a rare hereditary disorder. This groundbreaking approval is the culmination of the work of specialists and community members coordinated by the Oxalosis & Hyperoxaluria Foundation and the Kidney Health Initiative.
- The approval of Oxlumo was a result of input from patients, treating physicians, experts, and sponsors at a patient-focused drug development meeting and through other collaborative efforts. Oxlumo’s function is to reduce the production of oxalate in patients with PH1. The drug was evaluated in two separate trials in PH1 patients: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial in patients aged six years and older, and an open-label study in patients under six years old. The patients ranged in age from four months to 61 years at the start of treatment.
More Insights Available
FMI, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global Primary Hyperoxaluria Treatment market, presenting historical analysis from 2018 to 2022 and forecast statistics for the period of 2023 to 2033.
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of type (type 1, type 2, and type 3), drug class (pyridoxine, potassium citrate, thiazides, and orthophosphates), route of administration (oral and intravenous), and distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa).
Unlock Tailored Insights: Customize Your Report for Maximum Impact:
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
- Potassium Citrate
Route of Administration:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies