In 2022, the global metal bellows market is anticipated to be worth US$ 1,968 million. Furthermore, as more industries adopt metal bellows, the overall demand for metal bellows is expected to expand at a 6% CAGR from 2022 to 2032, completing a market worth US$ 3,550 million by 2032.
The advantages of metal bellows over non-metallic ones are manifold. The demand for metal bellows is growing all over the world. The uses of metal bellows appear various in the industry such as pipe junctions where contraction occurs when pressure is loaded from another side upon any elastic vessel. Metal bellows are also used as flexible sealing elements in vacuum technology. Major fields of application are vacuum valve stem seals and vacuum sealing.
Get your Sample Report to Boost Your Industry Knowledge for Valuable Insights:
Bellows come through as ‘flexible seats’, mainly due to the fact that they have a pretty predictable spring rate due to elasticity. The manufacturing sector couldn’t be imagined without bellows, especially in flexible joints, vacuum seals, accumulators, and likewise. Welded bellow holds the largest market share due to better spring rate, resistance against chemicals, leak rate stroke, and likewise.
Metal bellows are capable of easily absorbing thermal and mechanical movement, and have a longer life-span. They are well-known for safeguarding against higher temperature. The tensile strength possessed by metal bellows is unparalleled. Those dealing with pipe joints prefer metal bellows as they help in curbing movement caused due to equipment movement, thermal fluctuation, and pressure pulsation or vibration.
Metal bellows are being preferred in traditional boilers, expansion joints, gas turbines, fuel gas duct systems, mechanical seals, thermal expansion tanks, engine exhaust systems, and steam turbines.
At the same time, it needs to be noted that metal bellows are not conducive to the food & beverage vertical, basically due to the fact that the convolutions of bellows result in bug traps, which is actually tough to clean at the time of operational processes. Future Market Insights has walked through these facts with future perspectives in its latest market study entitled ‘Metal Bellows Market’.
Request the Full Report Methodology Now:
Key Takeaways from Metal Bellows Market
- North America holds a significant market share and is expected to continue with the winning streak even in the forecast period. This could be attributed to an increasing usage of metal bellows by the aerospace and defense vertical.
- Europe is expected to witness steadiness in the metal bellows market due to rising demand for welded bellows in marine and aerospace industries. Italy and Germany lead from the front. As per Germany Trade and Invest, the second biggest sector all across Germany is the machinery and equipment one.
- The Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate in the metal bellows market. This could be reasoned with spike in demand for metal bellows in power & energy, military & defense, automotive, aerospace, and petrochemical vertical. Indian Automobile Manufacturers have mentioned that passenger vehicles’ trade did increase by ~2% in the year 2019.
- MW Industries, Inc., in June 2018, completed acquisition of the US-based Bellowstech (manufacturing edge welded metal bellows). The former makes provisions for springs, fasteners, and various critical components to cater to aerospace applications. It’s important to note that the company is ISO 9001-certified regarding components.
- FlexEJ, in April 2022, did complete designing and fabricating an entire batch comprising metal expansion joints for a manufacturer of pharmaceuticals based out of the UK.
- FlexEJ, in September 2021, completed acquisition of Safetech (a leading manufacturer of rubber bellows).
- MW Industries, Inc., in 2018, acquired Ameriflex, Inc. (a prominent manufacturer of precision metal bellows, flanges, flexible metal hose, and various other products).
“In spite of metal bellows being subject to strict regulations, the end-users prefer them due to the advantages offered over their counterparts. This factor is expected to boost the metal bellows market in the near future”, says an analyst from Future Market Insights.
Global Metal Bellows Industry by Category
By Product Type:
- Titanium Alloys
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Nickel Alloys
By End-Use Industry:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Power Generation
- Water Treatment
- Oil & Gas Refining
- Heavy Manufacturing
- Light Manufacturing
- Conventional Boilers
- Gas Turbines
- Fuel Gas Duct Systems
- Engine Exhaust System
- Steam Turbines
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube