The global dark store market size is anticipated to grow at a strong rate of 38% CAGR between 2023 and 2033. While the market is valued at US$ 16.54 billion in 2023, it is expected to reach a market share of US$ 414.31 billion by 2033.
The new companies setting their feet as an extension of bigger online shopping brands are fueling the demand for dark stores. New and advanced delivery tracking systems make the process reliable, faster, and easier for the end user to get his package delivered.
Request the Sample Report to Understand the Rising Demand for Market:
The geriatric population and its idle lifestyle have led to higher online orders instead of store visits. Thus, ultimately fueling the adoption of the dark store concept. Apart from the concept not being new, the pandemic has fueled the demand for a storage space that can fulfill the storage, logistics, and management needs of an online grocery store.
Besides this, the higher adoption of the dark store is attributed to advantages such as quick and contact-free shopping, enhanced distribution and quicker delivery, wide audience, improved SKU management, and extended distribution channels.
- The US holds the biggest share of 35.8% market share in the global market, owing to the higher number of outlet stores and preference for online shopping options.
- Europe holds a significant market share in the global dark store market attributed to its easy availability of the product coupled with the cost-friendly setup.
- The rising urbanization and per capita income in Asia Pacific nations such as China and India have led to the higher adoption. Thus, the high demand for the Dark store is anticipated from the region during the forecast period.
- By delivery category, the online delivery segment holds the biggest share due to ease and faster delivery.
Request Our Methodology to See How We Conducted Our Study:
The competitors focus on making stores with better accessibility and availability. The brands proving n number of payment options, and delivery options while also providing the same day delivery options fuels the market competition.
Furthermore, the key players adopt the strategy of acquisition, merger, and other expansionist tricks to strengthen their supply chain.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Ola Foods
- Supermarket Grocery Supplies Pvt Ltd.
- Walmart, Inc.
- Target Brands, Inc
- Dunzo Daily
Dark store Market by Category
By Age Group, Dark Store Market is Segmented as:
By Category, Dark Store Market is Segmented as:
By Delivery Options, Dark Store Market is Segmented as:
- Curbside Pickup
- In-Store Pickup
- Home Delivery
By Non-Food Products, Dark Store Market is Segmented as:
- Bath & Body
By Region, Dark store Market is Segmented as:
- North America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Pacific
Recent Market Developments
- June 2022: Naturepro has introduced same-day delivery across India along with the opening of ZFW dark stores. Both brands have partnered to promote sustainable and affordable products.
- September 2022: Intacart has acquired Rosie to implement and use its technology in locally operated grocery spaces, expanding the customer base and distribution channels.
- Amazon India has signed MOUs with the Council of Handicraft Development Corporation (COHANDS) to promote the products under the Karigar program, which is an initiative that supports the local craftsmen.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube