PS038 Error QuickBooks Desktop is a payroll error that you can face due to several reasons. You will likely get the error when using payroll and downloading the latest tax table updates. This can also occur when you are trying to send paychecks via QuickBooks, but the Paychecks get stuck. In case you are also having this issue and looking for a solution, you are in the right place. Here we are going to tell you the reasons for this error. You will be given a step-wise solution so that you can get ahead of the error.
It could be that you are new to QuickBooks errors and hence can find resolving the error a hassle. If that’s the case with you, we suggest you go for expert guidance. Dial +1-(855)-955-1942 to reach out to us, and our experts will help you resolve the error while you are at ease.
Reasons For The PS038 QuickBooks Error
There are various reasons for the error message to get space on your screen. Understanding the reasons is a part of troubleshooting the PS038 QuickBooks Desktop. We have mentioned the reasons below that are common causes of the said error; check it out:
- You have an Outdated QuickBooks version on your System. This old version of QuickBooks, which doesn’t have the features, is causing the QuickBooks error Ps038.
- There is an issue with the QuickBooks data, which needs to be repaired.
Fixing these issues is important for you to proceed with using the payroll functions. The payroll function is a crucial part of QuickBooks that helps you make payments to your staff.
Troubleshooting Ways For QuickBooks Error PS038
After knowing the causes, let’s get to know the possible fixes that will be helpful in getting over the PS038 QuickBooks Desktop. Follow them carefully to get ahead of the error, and continue using QuickBooks as usual.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks application
- Update your QuickBooks software to the latest release. Go to the QuickBooks software and click on the help tab.
- Next, you will see some corresponding options opened. Select Update QuickBooks, and by clicking on it, you will proceed to get the updates.
- Now, a QuickBooks Update window will open; there, you need to look for the Update Now option and click it.
- Then, click the Get Updates option, and you can locate it toward the end of the screen.
- Let the download of the update process finish.
- Restart the computer and open the QuickBooks software by double-clicking it.
If the PS038 QuickBooks Error persists, try the next troubleshooting method we are providing below.
Also See: QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
Solution 2: Run the Verify and Rebuild feature from the QuickBooks
- First, go to the File tab on QuickBooks, then go to Utilities, followed by verify data. This will help to Identify the paychecks stuck.
- Next, when the stuck paychecks are identified, go for rebuilding the data.
- Again, go to the file tab and click it. This will display a drop-down list of options on your screen.
- Click on the Utilities option, and you will see the corresponding options.
- From the list of options, click on Rebuild data. This will help you Rebuild the data that was just identified by the Verify data option.
- After rebuilding your data file, download the payroll updates again. If you are able to do it, then you are all sorted.
Read More: QuickBooks Crashing When Opening
Backup your QuickBooks File before you go ahead to fix QuickBooks error PS038
QuickBooks stores important data as a Company File, which is vital for your business. Hence, we advise you to have a backup for these files if anything goes amiss. You can rely on the backup and restore the data from it. Here’s how you can backup the Company file:
- Go to the QuickBooks program, locate the File tab, then click it.
- You will see a list of options opened; click Switch to single-user mode.
- Go to the File tab again, and this time click on the backup company file, then create a local backup.
- In the windows, select the local backup option and click the Next button.
- Now select the location where you want to save your QuickBooks backup file created recently. You can save it on the desktop for convenience.
The process of backing up the QuickBooks file can be set to automatic mode as well. Also, when you have backed up your file, you can choose where you want to save it. At that time, it would be better to have a backup on the hard drive.
If the above steps have resolved the error for you, we are happy about it. In case you are stuck, don’t worry; we are here for you. Dial +1-(855)-955-1942, and our expert team will assist you further with the issue and provide you with the best assistance to resolve PS038 Error QuickBooks Desktop.